The 2nd edition of TRESOR contemporary craft will take place at Messe Schweiz (MCH) in Basel on 18 – 22 September 2019. Applications are now open HERE
TRESOR launched to great acclaim at the Messe Schweiz in Basel, September 2017, showcasing 40 exhibitors from 12 countries and a total of 287 artists. Significant sales by private collectors and museum collections in this first year underscored the market potential of collectible contemporary crafts.
TRESOR contemporary craft provides a platform for international galleries who present extraordinary works by today’s leading artists as well as up-and-coming names in the industry. Working in disciplines such as ceramics, glass, textiles, metal, wood and jewellery, the artists shown create truly unique pieces that honour tradition while exploring new materials and technologies.
The fair presents:
- Internationally renowned galleries and artist collectives
- Private and museum collections
- International art and design schools
- A platform for up-and-coming talents
- Commissioned works and individual exhibition formats
- Versatile on-site events such as group events and guided tours
- Film screenings with extensive contributions regarding the topic of contemporary crafts
- Top-class supporting events during TRESOR contemporary craft (including exclusive insights into museum, corporate and private collections, guided visits to artist studios and factories, and more)
The majority of artists on display at the fair already boast strong international reputations and are shown in exhibitions and museum collections worldwide. Collectors can be confident in their purchases thanks to advice from respected galleries that have selected unique works of art or special limited-edition pieces for sale. This new generation of collectors is investing in works which will stand the test of time in our ever-changing cultural landscape.