An educational initiative developed in partnership with our network, our Summer School Programme funds selected young artisans and designers to take part in intensive short courses staged by members of our network around Europe. Held during the summer months, the courses offer a valuable opportunity for students and recent graduates to learn about an aspect of craftsmanship outside their own area of expertise, encouraging them to fulfill their potential and broaden their horizons. Pieces created during the Summer School may form part of future international exhibitions staged by the Michelangelo Foundation. Seven courses are on offer in summer 2019. All instruction is in English. Read the entrance requirements and apply for the 2019 Summer School here.
Seven courses are on offer in summer 2019:
· Portuguese basket Technology at Museu d’Arte Popular in Lisbon, Portugal – 15 July-2 August
· Stone Carving for Beginners at City & Guilds of London Art School in London, UK – 22-26 July
· Introduction to Ornamental Woodcarving at City & Guilds of London Art School in London, UK – 22-26 July
· Gilding and Verre Eglomisé at City & Guilds of London Art School in London, UK – 22-26 July
· Etching Fundamentals at City & Guilds of London Art School in London, UK – 22-26 July
· Tapestry and Artistic Interpretation at Cité Internationale de la Tapisserie d’Aubusson in Aubusson, France – 26 August -2 September
· Glassblowing at Fluid Coop in Belle-Île-en-Mer, France – 30 September-5 October
Applications are open from 15 April to 13 May and selection will be announced early June.