National Design & Craft Gallery invite innovative, ambitious and engaging exhibition proposals from professional curators, practitioners, galleries, partners and museums.
Established by the Design & Crafts Council Ireland in 2000, National Design & Craft Gallery is Ireland’s leading centre for contemporary craft and design. National Design & Craft Gallery’s vision is to transform and shape understanding of craft and design. Our exhibitions platform Irish and international designer makers of demonstrated excellence who push boundaries of their craft. NDCG works to engage with diverse audiences and continues to build understanding of craft, design and material culture in Ireland. NDCG actively seeks to grow opportunities for makers and audiences by extending national and International profile through impactful exhibitions produced or toured in partnership with relevant galleries and institutions.
In 2021 Design & Crafts Council Ireland will mark its’ 50th Anniversary, we particularly invite exhibition proposals which celebrate this milestone and look forward to the future of craft and design practice.
NDCG seeks to programme impactful exhibitions, which:
• highlight work of international calibre which pushes the boundaries of craft and design practice
• demonstrate the role and relationship of craft and design within society
• are ambitious, with the intention and capacity to tour nationally and/or internationally
• are designed with an awareness of audience experience, engagement and participation
• create dialogue and address critical themes to contemporary live, or explore convergence between areas of distinct specialism – craft, technology, ecology, material science, design, architecture
Proposals for the Autumn 2021- 2023 programme are invited under two categories; proposals from professional curators or practitioners, and proposals from galleries, museums, institutions or partners (on-going)
Please email 2-3 page exhibition proposal to email@example.com by 30th March 2020. Download full details here.