World Crafts Council Europe (WCCE) is looking to hire a dynamic project coordinator whose key responsibility will be to support the activities of the WCCE funded projects and partnerships. The coordinator will work alongside the secretary general, project manager and the administrator to help to meet the successful delivery of a range of activities within the organisation and network.
Role: Project Coordinator
Reporting To: Secretary General
Location: Fully remote with occasional travel within Europe covered by WCCE
Duration: until April 30th 2025
Contract type: Independent Contractor / Freelancer
Fee: 33,600€ per year
Deadline: April 30th 2023
Application form: Online HERE
- Provide project and relationship support for a range of strategic projects and external stakeholders.
- Support in tracking budgets and Key Performance Indicators across all areas of activity, gathering and inputting data for all reporting requirements.
- Coordinate events – either virtually or physically.
- Support the Secretariat with diary planning and management, including arranging internal and external meetings, preparing and disseminating agendas and papers, as well as travel bookings as required.
- Support on communication and dissemination activities: gathering information for later communication and dissemination on the website, social channels and by other means.
- Ensure that activities and outcomes are accessible and work towards our aim of promoting diversity, inclusivity and equal opportunities.
- Be an ambassador for WCCE and represent it at appropriate events.
- An understanding of current WCCE activities as well as EU funding programmes.
- Experience or equivalent in the creative and/or cultural fields.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Excellent organisational and proven administration skills.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- High level of ability with digital tools such as Google workplace, social media and enthusiasm to learn.
- Flexibility in terms of working with WCCE Secretariat and Board, members and key organisations.
- Understanding and knowledge of the craft and design sectors is desirable.
- A strong commitment to accessibility and social justice, ensuring that we are adhering to best practice within your field of expertise.
- Fluency in English; and working knowledge of at least 1 or more languages is desirable.
- A self starter with a high level of initiative, energy and motivation is required.
- Applicants must be based in Europe with full work permits and preference is given toward individuals based in Brussels.
RESPONDING TO BRIEF
Please apply via the online form HERE.
The form will request among other things:
- 1 page cover letter so we can get an idea of how you suit the role and responsibilities.
- Your C.V. detailing relevant qualifications, skills and experience.
WCCE Coordinator will start as soon as contracting has been completed. Quarterly action plans will be agreed with the line manager and progress will be reviewed regularly.
This is a freelance position and you will be required to be tax compliant within your country and to send invoices.
The successful applicant will be required to provide current evidence of all local tax and all appropriate insurances. Applications must be able to demonstrate prior relevant experience in the successful execution and delivery of equivalent projects.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive community fosters innovation, creativity, and collaboration, which are essential to achieving our goals. We are committed to continuously learning, growing, and improving our organisation to ensure that we are welcoming and supportive of all individuals.
Please email Laura at email@example.com with any questions.