Support the Manifesto for the Future of Crafts in Europe
ABOUT THE MANIFESTO:
To mark its 40th anniversary, World Crafts Council Europe undertook a survey of its members to ascertain challenges facing the crafts sector. The results of the survey provide the basis for the development of this ‘Crafting Europe Manifesto and Action Plan’.
THE ACTION PLAN SEEKS SOLUTIONS THAT WILL :
- Recognise the contribution that craft makes to our European society, heritage, culture and economy.
- Celebrate this rich creative sector which values the human connection to the world around us and shows the way forward for sustainable development in local economies.
- Provide appropriate supports and legislation to enable the sector to develop commercially.
- Build the future of the sector through appropriate training provision to ensure transmission of skills to young people.
- Stimulate every kind of innovation to ensure the evolution of craft.
- Raise awareness of the sector in order to promote, preserve and protect European craft heritage that has been passed down through generations.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Simply by signing the manifesto, you, along with European institutions and national decision makers are supporting us to work together on this six-point action plan to ensure the survival and development of craft for future generations.
You can also download the manifesto in the languages below:
Crafting Europe Manifesto Spanish
Crafting Europe Manifesto Russian
Crafting Europe Manifesto Ukranian
Crafting Europe Manifesto Portugese
Crafting Europe Manifesto Georgian
Crafting Europe Manifesto French
Crafting Europe Manifesto Dutch
Crafting Europe Manifesto Italian